The world wide web holds about a trillion pages-that’s a lot of information at our fingertips.
So, you would think we all know everything there is to know about everything-right? With family, social and work responsibilities it’s hard to take it all in, isn’t it? Here at callmesister.com, we want to do all we can to keep you informed, educated and current. With tongue firmly planted in cheek, we submit the following as “things you should know.”
- Ever need to measure something when you are out and about? Use a dollar bill-it is 6 inches long. You might want to use an actual tape measure for remodels and landscaping projects, but for small jobs, it’s a winner.
- Can’t get someone to help you at the electronic store? Find the most expensive TV in the place-look at the price tag and smile as though you are pleased. Someone will be right with you. Promise.
- “Don’t take this the wrong way” is never, ever, never a productive way to start a conversation. Trust me…
- Want to be the first street to see the snow plow when it snows? The first have your electricity back on after an outage? Live close to a school – or hospital.
- Ever notice the coins in a vending machine? They make a little sound as they slide down-and then there’s that PER-CLUNK-coin stuck. Walk away-vending machines kill more people than sharks each year.
- Let’s talk about this. Do you know what else causes more deaths than sharks? The 4 C’s: cows, coconuts, champagne corks and cold. Fortunately, I cannot image a scenario where all four would be present-all at the same time. Whew.
- Want the animals at the zoo to notice you and come running over to you? Wear the same colors as the zoo employees; but, don’t linger-the animals may become annoyed that you don’t have food.
- Have you ever been a little embarrassed/awkward when buying something? Throw the clerk off by buying a birthday card, and comment that you sure hope your friend likes their present.
Well, there you have it-we hope you feel good about what you have learned here today-maybe good enough to share it with a hapless soul who just can’t get started wading through those trillion pages on the web.
Ask them-which do you think is more deadly? everybody should know-really….