Useful or beautiful? Using this approach is almost guaranteed to relieve your life/home/office of clutter. To take up space in your office, living areas of your home, laundry rooms and bathrooms, it is helpful to ask these questions:
- Do I use it often enough to grant it space?
- Does it operate properly?
- Does it do the best job possible for what it was intended?
- Does this thing carry unpleasant memories?
- Is it rattly?
- Does it really suit me, my lifestyle, my personal taste?
- Is it in my home because I think it is too expensive to give to Goodwill?
- Was it a gift that I never really cared for?
- Am I waiting for that perfect time to use it? wear it? hang it?
I love it when useful and beautiful come together! This look familiar?
Maybe everything in the broom closet is useful-but the way everything is all jumbled together, we might dread even opening the closet door. Here are some photos of how I achieved BOTH!