Post from your mobile app…
select your picture and make sure you enter the hashtag, #isissiesphotomonday, #isissiesphototuesday, whichever day is the source of the inspiration!
- Open the Instagram app on your mobile device. Make sure that you are logged in with the account that you want to upload pictures to.
- Tap the Camera tab. This is located at the bottom of the screen in the center of the row of icons. This will open the Instagram camera.
- Tap the Preview square. This is located to the left of the camera shutter button, and will display the last image that you took.
- Scroll up at the bottom of the screen. In the lower frame, you will see a selection of images to choose from. If you scroll up slightly, you will see the option to change the Album that you are viewing. Select the album that contains the images that you want to upload.
- Select the image that you want to upload. Once you’ve found an image that you want to add to Instagram, tap it to select it and it will open in the main window.
Adjust the image. When you first select the image, you will be able to crop it to your liking. If you don’t want to crop the image, don’t select anything and tap the Next button at the top of the screen.
- Once you’ve cropped or moved on, you will be able to add effects to the image. Tap Next to move on.
Add information about the photo. Once you are done applying effects, you can add information about the photo before you share it. You can add a caption, tag other Instagram users, and share it to services such as Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr. When you are ready, tap the Share button.
- You can share the photo directly to other users by selecting Direct. Otherwise, it will be shared with your Followers.
- Repeat for additional photos. Repeat the above steps for each additional photo that you want to upload.
How to Upload Photos to Instagram from PC
- Install BlueStacks. If you want to upload images from your PC, you will need to install BlueStacks, an Android emulator that lets you run apps on your computer.
- Place all the photos you want to upload into your My Pictures folder. This is the location that BlueStacks will access as your photo gallery when emulating Android. By placing the photos here, you will be able to upload the photos as you normally would from your phone.
Open Instagram in BlueStacks and upload your images. Once you open Instagram, it will act just like the mobile version. Follow Steps 3 to 8 in the previous section to upload the photos on your computer.
- You can also drag images into BlueStacks to upload them. Open BlueStacks and sign into your Instagram app. Click and drag a picture file into the BlueStacks window. A window will appear asking what you want to use to open it. Select Instagram from the list and then follow Steps 7 and 8 in the previous section.
How to upload pictures from your Mac to Instagram
This can be done. Rather than write it myself, I am including a link to a very clear explanation for those who want to really accomplish this.
Thanks to bluechoochoo